Sunday, November 29, 2009

An amazing day!

Today was an amazing day. Here are a few of the highlights: **

Chatting it up with the crazies on skype for a total of about 6 hours. Using Google wave to carry on private conversations, map a route to my house, beginning another quote book, Barats & Bereta theme song.

Getting to talk to my family on the break, in between the two conversations with the crazies. Having dad challenge me to a bowling wii game.

Talking to my friend, K, until I absolutely had to leave for my supervisor’s house, about some good things. Leaving at absolutely the last minute and arriving at my supervisor’s house EXACTLY at 6 (as planned).

Going to my supervisor’s house for dinner with her and her family. Including amazing food – sukiyaki (there was beef, dad!). I was actually able to communicate most of what I wanted to in Japanese and gestures (getting better each day!!!). Good conversation with my supervisor and her family. Their absolutely adorable Toy Poodle. Amazing non-American cheesecake, but this one didn’t have a nasty pie crust and it actually tasted good. Then Wii, which I sucked at the sports, but did amazing at the other game we played. Learning a trick for Wii bowling (maybe I’ll beat you after all, Dad!!). I had a blast.

Arriving home to discover not only the package from my family, but a Thanksgiving card from my aunt. Inside the package? Amazing, exciting things. My sister made me a couple of adorable gifts and wrote me the sweetest letter. Acne stuff that I somehow didn’t bring with me to Japan. Maybe I’ll actually have clear skin now!! Chocolate. Bandaids and Neosporin. I can now handle any cuts that come my way!

A wonderful day. I feel so loved! I wonder what the Lord has in store for me tomorrow?

**Please note my apology for the overuse of fragments and exclamation points. I was quite excited about what an amazing day it was and wanted to share with all of you. The Lord has been bringing me through plenty of hard times lately and I wanted to make sure that I didn’t forget to share the good too.