Sunday, November 6, 2011

Embracing cute

In Japan, it’s that time of year – time for all the stores to be filled with new planners and calendars.

For the last few years JET has provided us with very helpful planners. Due to budget cuts and trying to cut waste (I hope). They’ve decided that 2010-2011 was going to be the last JET calendar/planner year and from this year forward we would have to buy our own.

Sad day for convenience of not having to think about planners, but fun day for other reasons.

I decided that since I likely won’t be able to find such crazy cute calendars when I eventually go home, it was time to embrace Japan’s love of all things cute.

So after quite a bit of time wandering the planner aisle, I came to this conclusion: what better way to embrace the love of cute than with Hello Kitty?

2011-11-04 Macro 014

2011-11-04 Macro 013