Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today’s drugs of choice

I have a nasty cold. I don’t really feel like blogging, but to keep in spirit with my NaNoWriMo friends, who are writing 50,000 word novels this month, I decided to blog everyday.
So today, I’ll introduce you to today’s drugs:

DSC_2080
From left to right:
  • Tea – pretty much my favorite anytime
  • Mystery Japanese cold meds – take them three times a day, with meals. Or in my case once when you’ve forgotten yours at home. Likely, I’ll take them again tomorrow in the morning and at lunch time.
  • Nyquil knock off – got it from a neighboring ALT who was leaving. It’s been great for sleeping through the cough that started two nights ago. Took the last two doses over the last two nights, so a new bottle tonight.
  • Honey – great for stopping coughs and feels good on a sore throat.
  • Ginger tea – tastes NASTY, but makes my clogged up sinuses so happy.
  • And a special guest Kleenex – wouldn’t want to have a runny nose without them around.
Not pictured:
  • Vicks’ vapor rub – the only way to be able to sleep if you have congestion.
Well, there you have it. Those are my best friends today. Are there any other cold remedies that might help this nastiness go away faster?