Monday, March 11, 2013

Photo Challenge Day 11

March 11: Apple

Apple

I didn’t know what to do with an apple today, so I decided to play with my flash more – something I’ve been meaning to do anyways. I picked the one I did as the large shot, because I liked the contrast the bright apple had against the shadows.

The smaller shots to the left were a few other things I tried – shooting the flash straight from above (not an apple’s best angle), the flash from the other side, and over exposing it.

Here’s the set up I used again. White paper, an apple, Nikon D5100, wireless flash hot shoe set, flash and a remote trigger.

2013-03-11 21.00.43

*  *  *  *  *

Today I had a lot of time at the BOE, where I have no internet and none of my normal things with me. I studied with textbooks and flashcards for a bit today, but I also started The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in Japanese today!

2013-03-11 11.14.10