Friday, March 15, 2013

Photo Challenge Day 15

March 15: In your bag

2013-03-15 2013-03-15 In my bag 010

What’s in my bag you ask? Well, lots of things, but this picture was the most interesting.
Wonder what it says about my teaching style that I feel the need to carry 2 decks of cards, Uno and dice (in the Rebecca tin) everywhere I go?

Here are some of the books I’ve got too. Narnia in Japanese, my planner and my journal.

2013-03-15 2013-03-15 In my bag 017

*  *  *  *  *

This is what I woke up to this morning: isn’t it glorious? I don’t know how he manages to do it, but God manages to wow me with this view every morning.

2013-03-15 2013-03-15 In my bag 002

Today was graduation at one of my small elementary schools. These signs say Congratulations on graduation.

2013-03-15 09.36.09

Though it sounds tiny with three students, this school had the biggest graduation for one of my small schools. I can’t believe these three are going to be JHS students soon.

When you are a ‘dignitary’ you get served green tea and they give you mochi. One of my friends who I boarded with the other day was the office lady there last year, so she came too. It was fun chatting with her and the other English teacher while we were sitting in the office.

2013-03-15 09.40.58

At the end of the school day, I got to coach my HEC students. We did a practice test so they could see what it was like (and so I could practice it, too!). They have improved sooo much! I’m looking forward to seeing how they do on the test. I hope they get to go to camp – it would be great for them to get to practice English that much.

After work, I had a short break and then I went boarding with one of my high school students who I’ve known since she was in junior high school. It’s always fun getting to do something other than teach English with these kids.